Norix Extends Line of Value-Driven, Highly Durable Steel Dorm Furniture
Our Protege™ Next-Gen Steel Dorm Beds just got some company.
That’s because, after years of offering single and double bunks to a variety of constant-use facilities, Norix recognized the need to provide a complete solution for those seeking highly durable dorm furniture.
“Our Protege™ beds have performed very well in a variety of facilities, so it only made sense that we offer additional products that stand up to constant-use environments where other products often fail,” Brad Karl, Director of Marketing and Innovation, said. “We’ve received positive feedback on the beds and identified the need to extend the line and give facilities more of what they needed and asked for.”
Now, in addition to our single beds and double bunks, Norix offers the following products in its Protégé line:
- Nightstand – The Protege™ Nightstand is the perfect companion piece to the Protege™ beds. The cabinet body and shelves are constructed of 19-gauge steel, while the top is made of high-density fiberboard and durable high-pressure laminate. The nightstand comes in Khaki or Ebony with Wilsonart Wild Cherry laminate top. Dimensions are 18″W x 18″D x 25″H.
- Under Bed Storage – The space-saving Under Bed Storage is a two-drawer system that fits perfectly underneath Protege™ Beds. Each drawer has an independent hasp locking mechanism for privacy and security. It is constructed with 19-gauge steel, high-density fiberboard and decorative high-pressure laminate and is ideal for when unencumbered space is a priority. The Under Bed Storage comes in Khaki or Ebony with Wilsonart Wild Cherry laminate accents. Dimensions are 38″W x 18 3/4″D x 18″ with an interior volume of 1.8 cubic feet for each drawer.
- Locker – The Locker features a hat shelf, a bottom shelf to create a shoe cubby, plus three hooks for hanging towels or apparel. It features wood-grain accents on the wardrobe door and ventilated sides for airflow. The product also is highly durable, with 19-gauge steel sides, backs, shelves and door panels. The Locker comes in Khaki or Ebony with Wilsonart Wild Cherry laminate accents, with dimensions or 18″W x 18″D x 70″H.
Norix began offering Protégé ™ Next-Gen Steel Dorm Beds in 2013 as an is ideal solution for fire stations, camps and shelters because of their robust steel construction, tool-less assembly, long service life, stylish design and the following attributes:
- Single Beds – All steel construction with welded tubular bed deck and 36” x 80” sleep surface static load tested to 600 lbs. Integrated steel headboard and footboard is available with optional wood grain laminate headboard/footboard. With optional Bunk Bed Kit, bunkable end frames stack securely to create a bunk bed. Assembles in minutes with simple tools, all hardware included. Dimensions are 86.578”L x 39.5”W x 34.874”H.
- Bunk Beds – Two sleep surfaces. Includes a ladder and safety rails for each side of top bunk. Four different ladder attachment locations for maximum space flexibility. An optional adjustable leveler glide kit is available. Designed to meet the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission guidelines for bunk beds. Dimensions are 86.578”L x 39.5”W x 68.368”H.
With enhanced structural integrity, the Protégé™ NextGen steel beds also are equipped with fully welded end frames and mattress deck and can be free-standing or be anchored to the wall or floor with an optional attachment kit. Additionally, the entire series of products is bed-bug resistant due to its all-steel construction and high-impact laminate headboards and accents.
Visit the Protege™ Next-Gen website to learn more about the series.