Custody Marathon Corrections Mattress: “It’s Unlike Any Mattress You Have Ever Seen”
No strings. No seams. No stitches.
That’s our Custody Marathon Corrections Mattress, a new Norix® product designed for correctional environments needing high performance and longevity. The unique construction of Custody Marathon protects against untimely breakdown and loft loss, providing facilities a product with comfortable and long-lasting lumbar support.
“We listened to correctional employees and saw a need for a mattress that would last for a long time in the most critical corrections environments,” Brad Karl, Director of Norix® Innovation, said. “Marathon is that product, and we believe the unique construction of this mattress makes it a wise investment for those facilities looking for both safety and longevity.”
Marathon is made with a nearly ¼ inch seamless, molded vinyl skin exterior that is rotationally molded in one piece, not sewn or stitched. It’s also filled with cushioned polyurethane foam for comfort and comes with an integrated double-sided pillow for added safety and security.
“It’s unlike any correctional mattress on the market,” Karl said. “Norix® spent much time researching this innovative product and even did field trials to ensure it performed the way we expected. It’s a revolutionary mattress that truly solves problems in intensive-use correctional spaces.”
In addition to the features listed above, Marathon is:
- Heavyweight to deter use as a barrier or weapon.
- Non-absorbent and fluid resistant.
- Built with no seams for bedbugs to invade.
- Chemically resistant to bodily fluids, vinegar, salt solutions and chlorine solution.
- Easy to clean and sanitize.
- Compliant with the following flammability standards: 16 CFR Part 1633, 16 CFR Part 1632, California Technical Bulletin 129
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified.
- Constructed with Premium TruColor™ material making it fully compounded for superior color, fire retardancy and quality assurance.
- Backed by a five-year limited warranty.
Want to see Marathon put to the test? Watch our durability video below to see just how tough it is.